Oriental Dance Styles
What are the differences between the types of lessons and what should I choose?
The main difference is in the style. It depends on your taste. Have a look at the description of the styles or call the studio and we will be happy to help you. All courses, however, have one thing in common, their goal is to make your body more flexible, stronger, more agile. The client will know herself better, will learn how to better control each muscle or group of muscles and mainly, it will feel better about her body.
If you still can't decide, we recommend you buy a permanent pass to try different lessons or instructors and combine them. This way you'll be able to figure out what suits you best.
- Oriental (belly) dances for all levels – We recommend it to all the women who want to feel better about their bodies, to improve the flexibility of their bodies, spine and joints – get rid of chronic back pains. Oriental belly dances shape the figure, strengthen the muscles of the back, arms, abdomen and the pelvic area, improves blood circulation, which helps with menstrual and menopausal problems. Suitable activity for infertility treatments. There's no age limit. Lessons are 75 minutes. All lessons are planned so as to be able to stretch all the parts of the body, with different techniques and combinations.
- Show Orient – This curse combines elements of Oriental belly dances with elements of other styles like jazz, MTV dance, modern music, mixing them in such way that you will have a lot of fun dancing. The curse includes technique, combination and variations. Lessons are 75 minutes.
- Power Orient – One hour of oriental belly dances combined with an intense, 15 minute POWER yoga routine that will beautifully fill you with energy and will prepare you for the whole lesson. The lesson lasts 75 minutes.
- Fit orient – For everyone who wants to feel better about their body! A dance lesson with a more dynamic pace to burn more calories. The lesson includes 20 minutes of stretching and strengthening the more problematic parts of the female body with PILATES techniques and combinations. No choreography! We will combine in a fun way the oriental dances with Latin-American ones like salsa, samba, etc. The lesson lasts 75 minutes.
- Balet orient – dance training that brings into Oriental dances some of the principles of ballet. The lessons include warm-up with elements of Ballet, combinations and a lot more. It improves the posture, movement, turns, arabesques, balance, position, etc., aiming to use all that in Oriental dances. You can expect combinations and choreography. It's not a Ballet lesson, where you will have to wear a bun and a white dress, it's only about using the movement principles of Ballet in Oriental dances, which results in long term benefits for you. Lessons are 75-90 minutes.
- Arabian (Oriental) Flamenco – The style Arabian Flamenco combines the techniques of the temperamental Flamenco with the finesse and techniques of Oriental dances. A beautiful combination of the flamenco posture, position and the movement of the arms with the hip movements of the Oriental dances. Lessons are 75 minutes.
- Port de bras – A perfect combination of dances and stretching. This exercise is based on modern and classic dances. The lessons are aimed at the general public, you don't need to have previous dance training. A continuous sequence of movements to the music will stretch your shortened muscles, will relax and mobilise your spine and joints, will improve your coordination and have an effect on the fluidity of your movements. The main goal is to relax! Lessons are 60 minutes.
- Zumba – it's a fitness program to the rhythm of Latin-American music. It combines elements of aerobics and dance. In Spanish slang, “zumbare” means “to move fast, have fun or invite someone to a party”, and such is the philosophy of Zumba. Basically, you have fun and, with a smile, you'll enjoy a dance party. At the same time, you'll exercise and burn calories very effectively. Zumba lessons combine fast and slow rhythms, which results in effectively burning fat and shaping your figure.
You don't need to be a dancer, anyone can do Zumba. It begins with simple steps and more complex combinations are added over time. All dance steps are also simplified, compared to similar, ordinary ones. Zumba is good for all age groups. The goal of Zuma is to show people that losing weight can be done in a fun way. Lessons are 60 minutes.
- Healthy back – This exercise routine is mainly focused on stretching shortened muscles and strengthening them, with an emphasis on correcting the imbalance of the whole body and posture. Among the weakened muscle groups are the gluteal, abdominal and dorsal. So you will not be training only for your health, but also for beauty :). Lessons are 60 minutes.
- Yoga – the dance lessons include elements and stretching of yoga. For more information about yoga and yoga courses in Studio PURE, go to www.karmajoga.cz, who organise yoga courses at Studio PURE.
- Pilates is a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates
Pilates, is a body conditioning routine that may help build flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, and developing a strong core or center, and improving coordination and balance. Pilates' system allows for different exercises to be modified in range of difficulty from beginning to advanced. Intensity can be increased over time as the body conditions and adapts to the exercises.
Pilates improves muscle tone, balances musculature, supports correct posture, and teaches to move with ease and grace. There is an increasing number of studies which are showing the benefits of Pilates in the rehab population. It is useful for improving balance, lumbar stabilization and flexibility, lower back pain, and pelvic floor dysfunction.